Saturday, May 30, 2009

Civil War Museum

This Doylestown house is where the Buck's County Civil War Museum is located. It's on my very long list of things to do. Doylestown is about 11 miles away from Newtown and from what I've seen has a bigger historic downtown and a really great variety of old homes in many styles.I found out that every last Saturday at the Newtown Farmer's Market the Amish merchants have a pig roast. Today we were able to get some of it but just the last scraps, next month I want to get there early.

3 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

The market must be interesting too, will you show us some of it in a future post?
God bless you!
Cezar

James said...

Hello Cezar, I probably will, but the building isn't very interesting and I've heard that Amish people don't like to have their picture taken. I think i will find a way though. :-)

Bogey said...

James do you know how much of the outside of this house was restored? The exterior looks positively amazing. We have a similar market up here, only most of the farmers are Mennonites. They are accustomed to the picture taking.