The riverboat is named Philadelphia Belle and the bridge is named Benjamin Franklin. I think they make a cute couple. The river is the Delaware, this side is Philadelphia Pennsylvania
and the other side is Camden New Jersey.
You can tell that it was cold and windy by the snow on the ground and the blur of the waving flags. When the wind is blowing it's hard to get a shot that's not blurry even when I use a tripod.
The other day I said I would give some tips about night photography. I still haven't taken a photography class or even read a book about it yet so keep that in mind.
I'll just share what I do and I hope it helps others.
1) use a tripod
2) use the camera's two second delay
3) try to take your time and not rush the shot
4) try to take more than one shot of the same things (because it ups the chance of getting a good one)
5) never touch the camera or tripod while the picture is being taken
6) use manual settings
7)wider apertures and higher ISO equals more light while smaller and lower equals darker pictures
8) try shooting the same thing with several different camera settings(to see which is best)
9)study and learn from other people
That's about all I can think of right now. I'm hoping to get a couple of photography for my birthday next month so I'll do an update post if I learn something new.
I'm always happy to learn so if anyone has tips or critiques about my photos please let me know.
This is my Watery Wednesday post.