Friday, February 17, 2017

La Tour Jean-Sans-Peur (Weekend Reflections # 386)

Paris, France                    (John the Fearless Tower)

 The tower, the sky and the other buildings were reflected in a shop window across the street (Rue Étienne Marcel). This one almost fooled me. I had to double check to make sure it was a reflection. :-)

By my standards all of the buildings in this reflection are old, but the tower in the middle is very old. It was built in the early 1400s.  I've walked passed it several times over the years but I haven't been inside.

Happy Reflecting!

Please remember to link your specific Weekend Reflections post !  
This is the place to see and share reflections. Click the rules tab above for more information.  A Reflection =  An image given back by a reflecting surface.  A PHOTOGRAPH of a REFLECTION or REFLECTIONS.
 

 



17 comments:

verfuchstundzugenäht said...

Such a clear reflection!

Christine said...

An astonishing clear reflection of these lovely Parisienne buildings and ancient clock tower!

Anonymous said...

Such clarity - I was hunting for the reflection!
Must have been a very clean window :)

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

I did think you might be "cheating," but found some faint but superimposed images. Very nice perspective. Funny that in the US our idea of "old" buildings might be those from the 1600's - 1800's. I doubt that anything survived the 8 years after Columbus in the 1400s and not much from the 1500s either!

NatureFootstep said...

cool to be so unsure. That means a very good reflection :)

buntpapierfabrik.blogger.de said...

Unbelieveable that this is a reflection! Amazing picture!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful old buildings, James and perfect reflections! It pains me hearing what Paris in the last years is going through:( Although through the centuries they had a history or riots, overturns, etc. there.

Alexa said...

Obviously a reflection (hey, it's yours!), but if I didn't know I wouldn't know—you know? :~}

Anonymous said...

what a clear reflection...and that is a marvellous tower!

Anonymous said...

oui, cette tour est très vieille et c'est bien de la conserver, et qu'elle soit encore en harmonie avec son entourage.

Have a nice weekend

Ava

merlecolibri said...

belle vue sur la tour Jean-sans-peur qui m'a fait relire à l'instant l'histoire de ce personnage historique ;)
bon weekend

biebkriebels said...

Had to look twice to see it is a reflection, excellent photo

s.c said...

Great reflection but I would have preferred something that shows us that it is a reflection like a little piece of window frame or little piece of the facade.

Halcyon said...

It definitely fooled me! What a fantastic blue sky against the tower. :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It definitely fooled me James :) brilliant!

Erika said...

Very nice reflection!

Pat Tillett said...

It took a triple check for me. Awesome reflection James.