Friday, August 7, 2015

City Hall Reflection (Weekend Reflections # 306)

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Philadelphia's City Hall building reflected in a window of another building. Actually, this is just the top part of the building. It's not easy to get more than that without a wide angle lens. The Philadelphia City Hall Building used to be the tallest habitable building in the world (1894-1908).

Yes, this is a reflection. Look on the right side and you will see two recessed lighting circles and the ceiling lines inside of the building.  :-)

Happy reflecting!

This is the place to see and share reflections. Click the rules tab above for more information.  A Reflection =  An image given back by a reflecting surface.  A PHOTOGRAPH of a REFLECTION or REFLECTIONS.

19 comments:

Adrienne said...

OOOH! LOVE this! Most of my life there were no buildings in Philly taller that Mr. Penn's hat! I worked in City Hall Courtyard during the bicentennial (1976) in an info booth... I have so many memories connected to this place! Gorgeous reflection!

Halcyon said...

I've never been to Philly. A great reflection!

Alexa said...

Love this, James. (I've heard some interesting stories about that statue of William Penn.)

buntpapierfabrik.blogger.de said...

Is that a reflection? Such a clear shot, great!

EG CameraGirl said...

It's amazing clear for a reflection!

Viera said...


Philadelphia's City Hall is really beautiful building as well as your shot...

Ileana said...

This is a great reflection! Very clear!

Anonymous said...

cool...and I love the UFO on the right side!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

This reflection is so clear in the window. Stunning building, Many thanks for linking me in, I appreciate it that very much. I hope you have a wonderful weekend

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and historicial building James!

Fun60 said...

Glad you mentioned the lights otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see how it was a reflection.

Valerie said...

A fabulous image James - such clarity and fascinating architecture. Happy weekend to you and yours.

verfuchstundzugenäht said...

I had to look a second time to be sure it's a reflection!

biebkriebels said...

I can hardly see it is a reflection, They probably clean the windows every day there I think :)

isabella kramer - veredit said...

Woohoo!! Really great one!!

cieldequimper said...

This looks almost like an original view without reflection!

Rajlakshmi said...

that's a wonderful capture. Loved the idea of reflection.

Nonnie said...

such a lovely and stately building- great reflection, as always! I'm glad that you continue to host this fun meme.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful image! Well done!