Friday, September 17, 2021

Surprise Attack! (Weekend/Street Reflections # 34)


 San Diego, California

I was trying to figure out the settings on my smartphone camera when all of a sudden this guy popped up and started grinding pepper over my salad. I was a little startled but that didn't stop me from taking his picture. Aren't they supposed to ask if you want pepper? 😀

Have a great weekend!

Now you can link reflections and/or street photography. 

Please no posed pictures, portraits, animals, etc. unless of course there is a reflection. 

Click here for street photography examples and inspiration.

"Street photography, a genre of photography that records everyday life in a public place. The very publicness of the setting enables the photographer to take candid pictures of strangers, often without their knowledge."


12 comments:

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

Nice candid catch! I wonder why they call it "fresh" pepper when it has probably been in that grinder for years.

Malyss said...

Great catch! But I barely saw the pepper, my eyes being attracted by this pretty moustache!
I guess he knows better than you what's good for you! :)

Taken For Granted said...

Yes, they should ask if you want pepper, but you got a good salad and a wonderful photo.

Emille (Jesh) said...

Am laughing, but yeah they're supposed to ask that:):)
He has a definite opinion about things, which is seen on his mustache!

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

Aha! The chef knows best!

Amy said...

That's one thing I love on my food - definitely needs Pepper

Klara said...

haha, this attack is really unexpected.

Lydia C. Lee said...

That's a great shot!! I love it!

Valerie said...

Fabulous spontaneous capture here James - and I do love that moustache!!

Jim said...

Nice picture op.
Perhaps he was just learning, felt strongly that you needed, or was ignorant of what he was doing was wrong.
..

Linda said...

He needs to ask! I am allergic to black pepper so I would insist on a fresh, pepper-free salad.

Lois Evensen said...

Yes, they are supposed to ask, but, what a fabulous image your captured! I lived on a ship for 20 years. I love pepper, but if it is ground too high over my salad and my nose is nearby (how can it not be?), I'll sneeze through the rest of the meal. I learned to be on the lookout for the pepper people and wave them off. ;)