Friday, July 8, 2022

Light My Fire (Weekend Street/Reflections # 76)

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I snapped this picture several years ago. It was during the day, so they were probably taking a break. I used to have the habit of randomly saying something when someone noticed me taking their picture, or if I wanted to encourage eye contact. I remember saying nice suit as I quickly walked past. I can't remember if he was already looking at me.

Have a nice weekend!

Now you can link reflections and/or street photography. 

Please no posed pictures, portraits, animals, etc. unless there is a reflection. 

Click here for street photography examples and inspiration.

"Street photography, a genre of photography that records everyday life in a public place. The very publicness of the setting enables the photographer to take candid pictures of strangers, often without their knowledge."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lighting a lady's cigarette used to be an acceptable act of chivalry, equal or better than a flirt.
From their dress I was trying to see if their purposes were about the same, I decided they were leaving a no-smoking area so outside they could light up. With a couple of more words an they might have invited you to join them.
..
Jim,
jimmiehov.blogspot.com
..

Emille (Jesh) said...

The guy looks interesting - watchful. Finally I saved my pic of the reflection! Hope life where you live is not as hot as it is here! Consistently a 100 or over. Have a great weekend.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Looks like a withering look James and in fact he looks like Billy Connelly, the comedian. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Cloudia said...

A very effective candid shot. If I see interesting people walking, I will set up so they walk into my shot and I snap it. I used to ask people permission to take their picture but they would pose and lose the picture that had caught my eye in the first place. So my one rule is to snap my picture without making anyone uncomfortable or even aware that I'm doing it. Have a great weekend!

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

I think you distracted him as he was trying to keep his cigar or cigarette from burning her nose.

Amy said...

snapped! He knows you've got him

Taken For Granted said...

Your photo could be telling any number of stories. I think you are illustrating a scene from a mystery novel, James.

Klara said...

agree, this could be telling any number of stories.

s.c said...

Great shot James.