Friday, October 14, 2022

A Cold Day in Lyon (Weekend Street/Reflections # 90)

Lyon, France

I've noticed that a lot of French restaurants and shops, etc, are too hot in the winter. My hat, jacket, scarf, and gloves come off as soon as or sometimes before I enter.  It was the opposite when I lived in Texas. It could be 100 degrees, but my wife and I brought jackets to restaurants because of the powerful air conditioners. 

I'm amazed by French people that wear heavy coats while they shop or eat and by Texans that wear shorts and T-shirts in restaurants that feel like refrigerators. 

Coincidentally, I just noticed I'm wearing a T-shirt that has a French flag and a Texas flag. I got it from The Alliance Francaise in Dallas.

Have a good weekend!

Now you can link reflections and/or street photography. 

Please no posed pictures, portraits, animals, etc. unless there is a reflection. 

Click here for street photography examples and inspiration.

"Street photography, a genre of photography that records everyday life in a public place. The very publicness of the setting enables the photographer to take candid pictures of strangers, often without their knowledge."





11 comments:

Jim said...

I never think of any place in France being cold, partly because we haven't been in the winter.
I'm wondering where in Texas you lived? We live in Katy, a suburb adjoining the west of Houston on I-10.
Our church is cold too, Mrs. Jim always brings a sweater. You'd think 2000-3000 bodies would warm it up but it doesn't.
Second Baptist Church Houston, 1463 Campus.
Have a nice weekend, thanks for hosting.
..

Barbara Rogers said...

Interesting about clothing in restaurants in different seasons in different cultures. I liked seeing the person all bundled up in your photo of reflections. I wonder if it was hot or cold inside!

Taken For Granted said...

Yes, and the AC is set way too cold in the summer. Great reflections, James. Love the warm hat.

Cloudia said...

Very interesting sociological observations, James! I like your t-shirt. And your photo. I couldn't wait to share mine today. Shot it last Saturday in Honolulu's Chinatown at the first street festival there in sometime. When I saw this guy standing near those cardboard ladies I jumped into action and this is the result. Thanks for hosting. And go Phillies!

Amy said...

Maybe you're just use to a warmer heat, I've lived in warmer parts of NZ my whole life until 3 months ago when we moved to the South Island. People here say it's cold when we think it's warm.

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

Since I am new to Connecticut I was amazed by the way people walked around in shorts when I was bundled up against the cold. Eighteen years in Florida must have thinned my blood.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Well in the UK the price of electricity and gas ae going up higher and higher so I imagine any establishment will be reducing there heating bills and we will be warming warmer clothes!!! I like your reflection James. Thanks for hosting and have a great week ahead.

Linda said...

For a second I thought that hat was long hair!

s.c said...

Say something about thinking about wasting energy in the usa and europe.

merlecolibri said...

...en tout cas j'aime ces inscriptions : Pain au levain naturel * Feuilletage au Beurre ça donne envie d'y goûter !

lesh Stgermain said...

You told me some things about Texas I didn't know yet! I hate it when they put the air-conditioning so low ... but I do bring a sweater - in church it's the same thing!