Friday, June 2, 2023

A Pigeon in Venice (Weekend Street/Reflections # 123)


 Venice, Italy

Anticipation and timing are important while trying to capture “the decisive moment". I used to like to practice and experiment. One day I saw an interesting-looking man walking toward me and a pigeon flying from the right. There wasn't much time to think but I was able to capture the pigeon at the right moment.

-Last week's picture was of a wedding photographer who wasn't expecting to be photographed.

                                            Have a great weekend!

Now you can link reflections and/or street photography. 

Please no posed pictures, portraits, animals, etc. unless there is a reflection. 

Click here for street photography examples and inspiration.

"Street photography is a genre of photography that records everyday life in a public place. The very publicness of the setting enables the photographer to take candid pictures of strangers, often without their knowledge."

13 comments:

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

I know it is cold, but it is not safe to walk down the stairs with both hands in pockets. Thanks for solving last week's mystery.

Anonymous said...

L’image est excellente, et c’est tellement ça Venise. Oui c’est vrai la silhouette est étonnante. (Kw)

Jim said...

I'm away, using my smart phone at the moment so I can't pick up the pool. I'll look with the laptop when I get back. Thanks, facial expressions also if they show.
The last time we were in Venice, 2013, we were picking up a cruise into the Black Sea while waiting our granddaughter chased those pigeons all over the plaza. I caught a picture of that. Must post again to show, she was cute.

Cloudia said...

Nice photograph, especially with your caption and narrative. Have a beautiful weekend!

Taken For Granted said...

James, you caught that pigeon at just the right moment. I haven't been to Venice in a long time, but I do remember the pigeons.

Amy said...

It's a clever photo, almost looks like the man is holding the bird.

roentare said...

The pigeon creates chaos

Lydia C. Lee said...

I didn't even notice the flying pigeon - ha! Funny what our brain decides to not notice!

Linda said...

It’s a good picture even without the pigeon. The pigeon makes it funny.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Well done for catching the pigeon at the right moment. An interesting looking man. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a great week ahead.

merlecolibri said...

on dirait un prestidigitateur !
belle image
mo

Jim said...

How interesting.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Cool shot- you were ready in just the right moment. What is graffiti on the building? For some reason that shocks me...but it should not, I know.
Have a super Sunday!