Friday, September 25, 2026

I know where my help comes from (Weekend Street/Reflections # 296)


 Paris, France

Lately, it feels like everything is hitting at once. My father-in-law has taken a turn for the worse and now requires round-the-clock facility care. Watching him suffer is hard enough, but it has also brought an immense financial strain on my mother-in-law, who will likely have to sell her home to cover the costs. On top of that, we found out yesterday that my wife will need 25 radiation treatments over the next several weeks while she's still recovering from her recent surgery, and my own mother is very ill right now, fighting a painful abscess from an MRSA infection. I usually prefer to keep my private struggles to myself, but it feels cathartic to get it out. Even in the middle of these overwhelming storms, I am reminded that we aren't carrying this alone; God truly sustains us daily. Thank you for allowing me a space to vent. I know we all have our own hidden battles, and I hope you all receive grace for whatever you might be walking through today.

                                            Have a great weekend!

  Link reflections and/or street photography. 

Please refrain from posting posed pictures, portraits, animals, etc., unless there is a reflection. 

Click here for Street-Photography examples and inspiration.

Street photography documents everyday life in public places. The public setting allows photographers to take candid pictures of strangers, often without their knowledge.

3 comments:

kwarkito said...

Mes pensées t'accompagnent. Puissent-elles alléger ton fardeau.

Paspii said...

May God bless you and yours.

Cloudia said...

God bless you my friend. These are the times that try our faith and build it. My husband needs round-the-clock care too and it's been a year this month! He seems to be nearing transition. It is very challenging. My heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you. God bless you friend. Never give up