Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Sun Setting on Two Houses

The Above photo is an old abandoned house that I pass by all of the time. The setting sunlight was so nice this time that I finally stopped and took a few shots. I also took some shots of some ruins and the abandoned house next door. I'll post them another time.




A couple of weeks ago I rushed out to take some pictures of the setting sun but I was almost too late. In my hurried up state I fumbled around and dropped my camera in the weeds. I decided to take a shot while I was down there picking up the camera. I think the weeds and lighting give it an other worldly look. It almost as if the night was being pulled down like a curtain. I think next time I'll try to get more shots of that big beautiful tree.
The house in the bottom photo is the same house as the one in my post titled "An Old House Nestled in the Tall Grass" except from a different vantage point and time of day.

17 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Love these James!

Jan said...

These are both great shots, James. I really love the bottom one.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I really try to push myself to stop at places like this. I don't know why, they always offer rich photographic opportunities.

Olivier said...

la lumiere qui tombe sur cette maison est magnifique et on dirait que l'on peut faire un pliage avec cette maison

Stickup Artist said...

These are so cool. The first is enchanting with that warm glowing light and the delicate details of the leafless trees behind. The second is so great with the low angle and the story behind how it came to be! I remember these kinds of scenes and the magic hour. You bring it all back for me and it's such a pleasure!

budh.aaah said...

Oh this one looks straight out of a movie . Lovely haunted house feel in it

tapirgal said...

I love both of them - beautiful colors and textures, and yes, the weeds in the second one make the substance of dreams.

Cezar and Léia said...

These pictures are wonderful and I loved the fence and the tree !
The second composition is my favorite, it's beautiful!
Léia

Kea said...

I especially love the second shot. Fabulous. My dad always tells me you have to get down on the ground to get the best/most interesting shots. :-)

Naquillity said...

these are gorgeous. love that you stayed down to capture the tall grass in the second photo. and that tree is worthy of many more shots. hope all is well. have a great day.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Ehy, mi piace l'effetto di luce che c'è nella foto n° 1.... sarebbe adatta ad un film... del tipo " Non aprire quella porta " !!!
Bella immagine.
Buona serata :)
Myriam

Malyss said...

An anbandoned house gives me a feeling of sadness..So much stories inside those walls. Your wonderful light adds a lot of nostalgy: why to leave and let alone such a lovely place?..

Clytie said...

How I would love to explore that old house and land. I can see why you just had to stop and take pictures. Great photos!

Lucy Corrander : Photos said...

I like low-level photos.

Lucy

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

The windows in the first shot are very intriguing and give an eerie feel to the house. I love the long shadows and soft colors.

The second is a great vantage point with the weeds...

Both quite nice!

lizziviggi said...

These shots are just gorgeous! I'm so glad you dropped your camera. ;-)

The first house is so lovely... it's a shame to see a beautiful old house abandoned.

Harry Snowden said...

The POV of on the second image is amazingly effective! Like a cricket in the long grass…