Friday, May 20, 2022

McGlinchey's Bar (Weekend/Street Reflections # 69)

 

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

A woman standing at the entrance of a dive bar in 2015. After I took her picture, she said, "I knew you wanted to take my picture", and I said, "How could I resist?" I never figured out why she was there several hours before the bar opened or why the door said TOPS BAR but the sign above said McGlinchey's Bar.

Have a great weekend!

Now you can link reflections and/or street photography. 

Please no posed pictures, portraits, animals, etc. unless of course there is a reflection. 

Click here for street photography examples and inspiration.

"Street photography, a genre of photography that records everyday life in a public place. The very publicness of the setting enables the photographer to take candid pictures of strangers, often without their knowledge."


12 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

James She means business with these arms on her hips! Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a great weekend.

Emille (Jesh) said...

A great capture - I agree with Margaret" Have a fun weekend!

Cloudia said...

That's a great photo! Thanks for hosting

Taken For Granted said...

That is a wonderful portrait. She is a lady with an attitude. Let's hope it is a positive attitude.

Amy said...

Very good photo, she's studying you.

Linda said...

Love her show of attitude!

s.c said...

Stunning portrait James. Very good street photography again.

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

She shows lots of character. Maybe waiting for whoever has the door key so they can get to work preparing for opening.

merlecolibri said...

bien belle image !

Anonymous said...

Good one.

Jim said...

That was me. :)

Anonymous said...

James, you did fine with this lady. I don't know how I would have handled it. And it added that she spoke and wasn't annoyed.
I'm learning how to post anonymously now on blogs that allow it.
I am supposed to leave my name and URL.
..
Jim,
https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2022/05/letter-t-fridays-weekend-roundup-08.html?m=0
..