Friday, April 19, 2024

Un fameux crocodile (Weekend Street/Reflections #169)

Paris, France

This was a popular brand at my junior high school (a long time ago). Students known as "preppies" wore shirts with this iconic crocodile. Have you ever worn clothing from Lacoste? I haven't.

                                             Have a great weekend!

Now you can link reflections and/or street photography. 

Please no posed pictures, portraits, animals, etc. unless there is a reflection. 

Click here for street photography examples and inspiration.

"Street photography is a genre of photography that records everyday life in a public place. The very publicness of the setting enables the photographer to take candid pictures of strangers, often without their knowledge."

 
 

10 comments:

kwarkito said...

ah oui c'est toujours le chic du chic de la jeunesse huppée, en france. Mais il faut se méfier des contrefaçons. Bon weekend et bonne semaine.

Cloudia said...

Yes I remember!
Bon weekend et bonne semaine.

Bipolaroid said...

Horrible beast, great photo!

Bipolaroid said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...

That’s wonderful! I don’t think I ever wore Lacoste. By the time I could afford it, it looked too trite to be special.

Amy said...

I've heard of the label but never worn it either.

Jim said...

I loved it when I was in my youth.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

No I never wore that label. Not really into labels anyway James. Thanks for hosting and commenting. Have a wonderful week ahead

Klara said...

truly great reflection. no, never wore it, never attracted to the idea of being branded.

merlecolibri said...

le fameux crocodile de Lacoste*bien sûr surtout pour les vêtement de sport (et les raquettes de tennis entre autres)*je viens de faire le rapprochement avec l’emblème de Nîmes "crocodile et palmier"...