Friday, June 10, 2022

The Fastest Hands in Venice (Weekend Street/Reflections # 72)


 Venice, Italy

It's not easy to see but the man has a knife in one hand and an artichoke in the other.

The fact that he still had all of his fingers revealed that he was good at his job. He sliced with amazing speed. It probably didn't take long for him to cut all the artichokes in the boxes. I took this picture as he sliced. Can you see the leaves about to fall into the bucket?

Have a great weekend!

Now you can link reflections and/or street photography. 

Please no posed pictures, portraits, animals, etc. unless of course there is a reflection. 

Click here for street photography examples and inspiration.

"Street photography, a genre of photography that records everyday life in a public place. The very publicness of the setting enables the photographer to take candid pictures of strangers, often without their knowledge."


10 comments:

Emille (Jesh) said...

Looking at the whole stack of crates, he does get some visitors:) An interesting find, James! Have a great weekend, Emille *Jesh)

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

People are certainly interesting to watch what he is doing James. Great capture. Thanks for hosting and I hope ou have a wonderful weekend

merlecolibri said...

il faut une certaine dextérité ... belle photo !
bon weekend

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the guy still has all his fingers. I've seen a quite a lot who have lost fingers from electric saws. Most have interesting stories to tell.
..
Jim
https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2022/06/letter-w-fridays-weekend-roundup-08.html?m=0
..

Amy said...

Gosh he sounds very fast, I'd be cutting myself.

Lydia C. Lee said...

Great shot!! And thanks for pointing out the leaves!

kwarkito said...

ah oui c'est encore une très belle photo. Je n'ai pas vu ça au cours de mes séjours vénitiens.

Linda said...

Not a job that I would want.

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

I think I can count 4 or 5 leaves at one time. This explains the rapt attention being paid by the couple, waiting for the finger to fall.

Klara said...

impressive, I always manage to cut myself when cutting vegetables ;-)