Friday, September 22, 2023

The Happy Rooster (Weekend Street/Reflections # 139)

 

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I just realized that I did the first Weekend Reflections post on September 25, 2009 (14 years ago). Coincidentally, the first Weekend Reflections picture was also taken in Philadelphia. It's been fun seeing your reflections and street photos over the years. Thanks!

 Can you remember where you were and what you were doing at the end of September 2009?

I was living in Newtown, Pennsylvania, and planning a trip to Munich and Salzburg. 

                                             Have a great weekend!

Now you can link reflections and/or street photography. 

Please no posed pictures, portraits, animals, etc. unless there is a reflection. 

Click here for street photography examples and inspiration.

"Street photography is a genre of photography that records everyday life in a public place. The very publicness of the setting enables the photographer to take candid pictures of strangers, often without their knowledge."


12 comments:

Pisi Prkl said...

Very cinematic. This could be a still photo of a movie. Outstanding Street Photography!

September 2009? Can´t remember anything special. I was living here in the same place. I have plenty of photos in my outer hard disc but they´re so un-organized that it would take me several hours to dig ém up.

Congrats on your 14th anniversary! 🌹

Cloudia said...

Thanks for making me remember 2009. It was an interesting time. Thanks for doing this. I look forward to seeing you every week. Have a beautiful Philly weekend. Go eagles! Aloha from Honolulu

Jim said...

Happy anniversary.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

James Happy Anniversary and thanks for keeping the meme going for all those years. 2009? I can hardly remember what I did yesterday without wrecking my brain on what I did in 2009! I hope you have a lovely week ahead.

Jim said...

Have a nice 14th Blog Anniversary, James!! We were just back from Europe. This time we flew to Barcelona and had my youngest son with us. We rented a car and drove around to Southern France. After a week there we came back to Barcelona, coming through Andora as we hadn't been there before. On our homeword flight we stopped at Paris, showed Tim the major sights.
Then went from there, meandering and ended up in Bruges , Belgium. HStaying a short while, five nights, and came back to Paris, dropped the car off, and stayed at a hotel close to the airport. Oh yes, on the way back we stopped to visit Monet's home and pond.
Before we left for Houston we stayed long enough for divorced bachelor Tim to find a girlfriend. She came to the U.S. to visit him a couple of times. After a while they split up.
You can see a few of my Barcelona pictures here,
http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2009/09/be-happy-midweek-blues-windows-scenes.html?m=0
One has a Reflection that I think I'll bring here.
..

Amy said...

such an unusual but fun name for a bar. Social occasions like this are great for catching up with friends.

roentare said...

Great street lines and vibe in the shot!

Lydia C. Lee said...

WOW! I didn't start blogging until 3 years later! Well done you!

Taken For Granted said...

I am impressed with how long you have been maintaining this blog. Congratulations. Love all the action in your street photo.

Linda said...

That’s a great picture. I love the lighting.

As for 2009, my first reaction was that I probably wasn’t doing anything. But I looked back at my blog and saw that we were still living at Bryce Resort, selling a couple of houses in Prince William County, and considering the purchase of a home near Strasburg. Ah, I was much younger then.

s.c said...

I can't remember much of that period and had no blog at that time.

merlecolibri said...

une superbe photo de nuit et merci de continuer ! concernant sept 2009 j'ai retrouvé grâce à mes carnets des compositions colorées avec des souvenirs de voyage presque oubliés